Clock Tower of St. Peter's Church
St. George, Bermuda
N 32° 22.899 W 064° 40.661
The Clock Tower of St Peter's Church is an addition on the north corner of the church building in St. George, Bermuda.
St. Peter's Church in St. George, Bermuda is believed to be the oldest continually used Anglican church in the Western hemisphere. The original wooden church built 1612 was destroyed in a storm and replaced by the present church. The church was extended in 1713 and the clock tower was added in the 19th century.
The tower is surrounded by an iron balcony just below the face of the clock. The clock face is light blue and the both the Roman numerals of the dial and the clock hands are gold. On top of the tower is a weather vane.
The stamp is part of a set of 4 stamps issued by Bermuda in 2012 to commemorate the 400th anniversary of St. Peter's Church.