Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity
N 32° 17.663 W 064° 47.020
The Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity is an Anglican cathedral located on Church Street in Hamilton, Bermuda.
The Cathedral of the Most Holy Trinity replaces the original structure designed James Cranston that was destroyed by fire in 1884. On 1885, architect William Hay was chosen to design the current Gothic Revival structure. He partnered with George Henderson who then designed the eastern portion of the church.
The church was constructed 1886 and 1905 from Bermuda limestone and trimmed with stone from Caen, France. Since Bermuda is an Overseas Territory of the United Kingdom it is the state church of England in Bermuda. Anglican Church of Bermuda is an diocese under the Archbishop of Canterbury. Nicholas Dill has been the Bishop of Bermuda since 2013.
The stamp was part of a set of 18 definitive stamps issued from 1962 to 1965 each showing a scene from Bermuda.