Angus L. Macdonald Bridge
N 44° 39.596 W 063° 35.251
Angus L. Macdonald Bridge connects the city of Halifax, Nova Scotia to the city of Dartmouth, Nova Scotia across Halifax Harbor.
The Angus L. Macdonald Bridge is named for the former premier of Nova Scotia, Angus L. Macdonald, who had died in 1954. This suspension toll bridge crossing Halifax Harbor opened on April 2, 1955. The bridge was designed by Philip Louis Pratley and the contractor was the Dominion Bridge Company Ltd.
Bridge data from Wikipedia:
Design: Suspension bridge
Total length: 1.3 kilometers (0.81 mi)
Width: 11.5 meters (34.8 feet)
Height: 102.9 meters (337.69 feet)
Longest span: 441 meters
Clearance above: 54 meters (177.25 ft) at center-span
Clearance below: 46.9 meters (153.87 ft) at center-span
Construction begin: 1952
Opened: April 2, 1955
The stamp was issued by Canada in 2005 as part of a set of four stamps depicting Canadian bridges.