Victoria Park Bandstand
Hamilton, Pembroke Parish
N 32° 17.743 W 064° 47.095
An ornate iron bandstand is the focal point of Victoria Park in Hamilton, Bermuda.
A 40' diameter ornate iron band stand is located in the northwest quadrant of Victoria Park in Hamilton, Bermuda. The bandstand was built in Scotland and erected in the park in 1899. It was used by British regimental bands to play concerts. By 2008, the bandstand fell into disrepair and it was shipped back to Scotland for restoration. In April 2009 the newly refurbished bandstand was returned to Victoria Park. Concerts are performed during the summer and in December just before Christmas.
The stamp was issued by Bermuda in 2001 as part of a series of four stamps depicting the paintings of Bermudian artist Charles Lloyd Tucker. The building behind the bandstand is Hamilton City Hall which is immediately south of Victoria Park although screened by trees and not nearly as prominent as in the painting.