Monday, November 13, 2017

Simulacra: Old Man in The Mountain - Corner Brook, Newfoundland, Canada

Old Man in The Mountain
Corner Brook, Newfoundland
Canada


N 48° 56.995 W 057° 52.543



Short Description: 

The Old Man in The Mountain is located in a cliff face called Breakfast Head north of the city of Corner Brook. A roadside viewpoint off Route 1, the Trans Canada Highway, provides an interpretative display on where to look.



Long Description:

An image in a cleft on the cliff called Breakfast Head contains the face of a craggy old man who is thought by some to be, perhaps, a fisherman or a pirate. The old main has a long crooked nose, deep set eyes, a beard, and appears to be wearing a pointed knit-type hat.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it's just me, but when I see the top of his hat, I also see a feather on it. I live in Corner Brook. When I saw the feather, I couldn't unsee it lol!

    ReplyDelete